NEW DELHI: Getting caught in the Covid-19 scare, India on Wednesday suspended all tourist visas to the country until April 15, from March 13. The decision was taken at a meeting of the Group of Ministers led by health minister Harsh Vardhan. India so far has 60 confirmed cases.
The following were the decision taken at the 2nd meeting of Group of Ministers on COVID19, as per an announcement by the minister.
1. All existing visas, except diplomatic, official, UN/International Organizations, employment, project visas, stand suspended till 15th April 2020. This will come into effect from 1200 GMT on 13th March 2020 at the port of departure.
2. Visa free travel facility granted to OCI card holders is kept in abeyance till April 15th 2020. This will come into effect from 1200 GMT on 13th March 2020 at the port of departure.
3. Any foreign national who intends to travel to India for compelling reason may contact the nearest Indian Mission.
4. All incoming travelers, including Indians, arriving from or having visited China,Italy,Iran,Republic of Korea, France, Spain & Germany after 15th Feb, 2020 shall be quarantined for a minimum period of 14 days. It will come into effect from 1200 GMT on 13th March 2020 at the port of departure
5. Incoming travelers, including Indian nationals, are advised to avoid non-essential travel and are informed that they can be quarantined for a minimum of 14 days on their arrival in India.
6. Indian nationals are strongly advised to avoid all non-essential travel abroad. On their return, they can be subjected to quarantine for a minimum of 14 days.
7. International traffic through land borders will be restricted to Designated check posts with robust screening facilities. These will be notified separately by M/o Home Affairs.
8. Provision for testing primarily for students/compassionate cases in #Italy Italy to be made and collection for samples to be organized accordingly. Those tested negative will be allowed to travel and will be quarantined on arrival in India for 14 days.
US TOOMeanwhile, the US suspended all travel from Europe for the next 30 days.
President Trump stated in an address of the nation: “Europe saw more cases because governments failed to stop travel from China, where the COVID-19 epidemic began.
World Health Organization (WHO) called the coronavirus outbreak a “pandemic”, adding that the global spread was due to “alarming levels of inaction”. –IHN-NN
INDIA HERE AND NOW www,indiahereandnow.ccom email:email@example.com